We all need an extra eye or hand to help us polish our work until it shines.
What experience do I have?
- 14+ years experience as a Technical Writer and Editor
- This includes extensive proofreading, copyediting, and developmental editing experience
- Experience as a Literary magazine editor
I have the experience you need to make sure your story is the best it can be.
What I offer you:
- Proofreading (Grammar, Spelling, some formatting)
- First 10 pages/First Chapter: $25 flat rate
- Entire book: $.01/word (1 cent per word)
- Copy Editing (In-depth look at Grammar, Spelling, Formatting, Story Flow)
- First 10 pages/First Chapter: $30 flat rate
- Entire book: $.02/word (2 cents per word)
- Basic Critique (I will give you a 3-5 page “big picture” evaluation): $.03/word (3 cents per word)
- The pricing is per word of your book, not per word of my evaluation
- Full In-Depth Edit and Critique (line edits, developmental edits for your full book): $.05/word (5 cents per word).
- This will include up to 3 rounds of edits. First round will be an in-depth critique to tackle your big-picture issues (more than what the Basic Critique would cover). Second round will be a Copy Editing look. Third round will be more a Proofreading look. Together, you and I will make sure your book is the best it can be before you publish or query.
Fill out the contact form below, and I will return the contact shortly. When I do, if I accept the editing request, I will present you with a contract. This will detail what you’ve requested and can reasonably expect from me. It will include a turn-around time and price total.
If you agree to the contract details, you can send it back to me. Your return of an unchanged contract will constitute as your signature and agreement. It will be binding between you and me.
After I receive your agreement, I will then send you an invoice of my services via PayPal. Once the invoice has been paid, I will begin.
Note: I will not begin work on your book until the PayPal invoice has been paid. That protects both you and me.
I look forward to working with you.